Monday, April 5, 2010

Salmon nigiri - Sushi on the Run


Place: Sushi on the Run
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Website: http://sushi-on-the-run.com/
Recommended by: danae
Summary: Everything is good here, but the salmon nigiri is outstanding. The cuts of salmon are HUGE! I've probably gotten cuts that are about 5-6" long (though, the rice ball is a normal size, so you get a few bites of just pure fish) and about 1 cm thick. I know sushi purists will probably say that this isn't authentic, but screw authenticity - it's tasty, and the thickness I think really emphasizes the perfect, firm texture and flavor. The temperature of the salmon is also really nice here - I'm not a fan of fish that's too close to room temperature, and therefore feels a little mushy. Everything about this salmon nigiri is perfect, and at $5 for two ginormous pieces, I'd say it's a steal too.

(Note: Photo is from Yelp. And those pieces of salmon are smaller than the pieces I got the last time I was there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment