Monday, April 5, 2010

Pulled pork sandwich

Place: Perdue's BBQ
Location: Pasadena, CA
Website: http://www.perduesbbq.com/
Recommended by: Eugene
Summary: I was asked what makes a good pulled pork sandwich. There's not much that goes into it. There's the bread, cole slaw, pork, and bbq sauce. It's just how those four things go together. Perdue's pulled pork has just the right amount of tenderness, smothered with sweet bbq sauce (I thought it was a little heavy but Annie adds more) topped off with cole slaw that can totally stand on its own. Now this makes a really good sandwich even on the kaiser roll, but texas toast turns this into an amazing sandwich.

Perdue's is also known for its BBQ brisket. I thought it was pretty incredible too. The fattiness of the meat combined with the sweet BBQ sauce goes together like Bella and Edward...or Jacob.

3 comments:

  1. for perdue's pulled pork, i'll take my shirt off. throw in some texas toast, and i'll throw my pants on the ground too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's quite a statement. Hopefully there are a few more layers under there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I've had it, I can easily agree that this is the best pulled pork sandwich I've ever had! granted... i've only had 3. but this one exceeds the others by a landslide. the meat is flavorful and moist, but the texas toast... man, that makes all the difference! perfectly toasted and oh so buttery, but oh so good!

    ReplyDelete