Monday, April 5, 2010

Cincinnati chili

Place: Gregory Lopez
Location: Pasadena, CA
Website: (none)
Recommended by: Eugene
Summary: Shirley's chili is really good (she got the recipe from a celebrity chef), but my absolute favorite is Greg's chili. It's Cincinnati style, which includes some unusual ingredients like cinnamon and chocolate. I absolutely LOVE this chili. It's an obsession.

The first time I had it was at the Christmas potluck, and I got the boss upset because I had five full bowls of it. It's the star of the Christmas potluck every year, and everyone else doesn't know what to bring because their food won't get eaten anyway. We joke that we should just contribute to Greg's chili fund.

Unfortunately, the only way for you guys to eat Greg's chili is for me to get leftovers after the Christmas potluck. I keep asking him for the recipe; with all his obligations at work, he keeps forgetting.

Sorry to post something that you guys can't have. I'm just craving it right now!

1 comment: