Thursday, April 8, 2010

N.Y. Italian sub sandwich, Thundercloud Subs

Place: Thundercloud Subs
Location: Austin, TX
Website: http://www.thundercloud.com/
Recommended by: danae
Summary: To be clear - I pretty much usually hate sandwiches. I find them dry, boring, and I hate how stuff falls out of them. And they usually get your hands dirty. However, on the flip side, some of my all-time favorite individual dishes have been sandwiches - and the N.Y. Italian sub sandwich at Thundercloud is one of those. Thundercloud subs are my all time favorite sub sandwich. Yes, better than Potbellys, in my opinion (but not by much... Potbellys is really yummy too!). For me, I think the key to the Thundercloud sub is the thunder sauce. I don't know what's in that thing... but it adds a kick of something that just makes the sandwich oh-so-tasty. The NY Italian is definitely my favorite - ever since having Blimpies in NY (another favorite), I've had a soft spot for sweet peppers.... mmmmmm! I do wish they had more bread choices, but I'm not complaining. This is one of the few sandwiches in my life that I have inhaled.

No comments:

Post a Comment