Monday, June 21, 2010

Shortbread cookies


Place: Tartine
Location: San Francisco
Website: http://www.tartinebakery.com/
Recommended by: Danae
Summary: I'm usually not such a fan of shortbread cookies, b/c frankly, I find them boring. I don't really have a problem with the flavor... but yes. It's just boring.

Enter Tartine's shortbread cookie. It's light (in texture, but probably not in calories), and unlike other shortbread cookies, it's on the thicker side. I like that it's a little crumbly, not quite crunchy. But the best part? The finely granulated sugar on top. Man, that stuff is good. It's just sugar... but somehow when it's ground that fine, it just makes it taste elegant and sophisticated.

Better yet, the recipe is super easy and doesn't use any exotic ingredients like Ad Hoc's vanilla paste. I made them yesterday, and the recipe is fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment